Do you have a creative kid?
Quick Page outline:
A Visual Poetry Jam session is a free one-day session where your child gets to learn how to use their cellphone like an expensive DSLR camera and learn to edit their photos with the same program used by professional photographers. It is an arts program sure but mostly it is an award-winning creative wellbeing program.
It is taught by a past winner of New Zealand's Creative Photographer of the Year
Youth get the first slots and if there is room others can attend.
- If your child is school aged and you feel safe for them to have a cellphone all day then they will enjoy the workshop.
How do I register?
If you can get to one of these workshops then sign up on the form just below.
To be signed by a parent or guardian over the age of 16.
By signing this form you agree to the above and to our terms and conditions found on this page: https://clickhappy.org/click-happy-challenge-terms-and-conditions/
As this is a photography course we will be taking photographs of each other and sharing them. Some of the images might be used to promote the work of the students in the course. Therefore we need permission to photograph your child in order to participate. By signing this form you will be giving us permission to photograph and use the images to promote the work of the youth and Click Happy as a program.
At the One day Visual Poetry Jam they learn how to use their cellphone like a DSLR:
- How to freeze and blur motion.
- How to blur the background in images (depending on the phone they bring)
- How to improve their image composition
- How to change colours in the images and make them richer and deeper.
- How to edit images in Lightroom (a free app used by professional photographers)
- What creative grit is and how to develop it.
- How to build a creative community through collaboration and compassionate critiquing of each other's work.
What do they need to attend the Visual Poetry Jam Day?
- Use of a cellphone or Ipad that has the following organized before the day.
- Enough room cleared so that they can take ample photos
- Fully charged with a charging cable and plug
- Lightroom App downloaded
- Telegram App registered with their name organized like this (their first name-school name-region ie Mary-Fergusson-Upper Hutt) registered with your supervision (this is where they will post their images and be able to collaborate and stay connected with the students they meet on the day within our private group. ) By listing their first name school and region it helps them remember each other and will help to build their regional creative communities.
- Links to those apps are found here:
- Terms and conditions signed by an adult
- Supervision on the day if under 16 (this could be you or a teacher or parent helper).
This sounds awesome can I attend too?
- Yes. If you bring your child aged 11-22 with you and we aren't overbooked.
How will I know if we have gotten in?
- We will send you an email and a text letting you know all about it if you made it into the program.
- We have space for 30 youth at each workshop and space is given out on a first-come first-served basis.
What does it cost?
- Nothing, it is free to attend thanks to our sponsors. (See down below)
Our wonderfully amazing brilliant funders & sponsors
And Youth Librarians! We had no idea how amazing these community treasures are until recently! Thank you to all of the Youth Librarians who have seen the beauty in the project and have invited us to bring it to their region and who are helping to spread the word. You have halved our work and quintupled the number of youth who get to experience this program. What gifts!
Visual Poetry Jam: Parents
Updated on 2023-03-19T16:39:50+13:00, by .