This is an 8-week workshop series for girls aged 10-14.
It costs nothing thanks to Wellington City Council and Wellington Community Trust.
It is ideal for girls who are creative and would like a creative mentor.
We will be going systematically through the things that block creativity which are also the things that block self-compassion.
We use photography as a medium to teach it but really it is a holistic wellness program.
Which means that the goal of the program is to teach the following life skills:
- Self compassion
- Body compassion – yours and others
- Emotional literacy + Mindfulness
- Standing in your power
- Open-hearted discernment (how to give and receive gracefully)
- Creative communication
- Brainstorming skills + how to access your own Muse
- Creative resilience
Photographically they will learn the following:
- The difference between aperture, shutter speed, ISO
- Lighting techniques using natural light and strobe
- Using Lightroom to download and curate imagery
- Conceptual photography skills – representing an idea with images
The girls don’t need to be amazing at photography to be part of it.