How does ACA Work?
- Sign up for Book Creator
- make sure you set up your portfolio
- log into the two libraries
- Sign up for Telegram to get feedback on your images
- This is where you get to learn to give and receive feedback on your work.
- Then start photographing things that you are grateful for and begin to work your way through the workbooks to develop your skillbase.
- Each booklet will introduce you to a new set of photography skills and give you a challenge to answer.
- Add your challenge images in three places
- In the back of the challenge book where everyone is sharing their take on the challenge.
- In your own portfolio
- In the telegram channels if you want feedback and support on improving your imagery.
- The students who have trained with me are there
- I'm Mandi Lynn a master photographer, the founder of the program and I'm a judge at the National Professional Photography awards
- Between all of us there could be a few things that we might be able to share with you that will improve the quality of your work as you grow in mastery.
Click Happy Educator Mastermind Zoom Sessions:
These are sessions where you get to meet up with other educators from around the country and you get an opportunity to share what is working and what challenges you might be having in the Click Happy program and where you can get feedback on your work from Mandi and others. You can learn from Faithe who ran a pilot of Click Happy at her decile 1 school in Opotiki with Neurodiverse (or Neurospicy as they have labelled themselves) students and Neurotypical students from years 7-8. She had great success and has been featured in media around the country as now has a waiting list of kids keen to get into the program next year. Faithe has a masters in Educational Psychology and is our Kaumatua of the program. She has heaps to share and will be support you along with Mandi the program founder.
The long term vision of this group is that it will become a support group for teachers who are wanting to combine wellbeing and creativity in their classrooms or youth program and who want a mastermind group to work with.
Topic: ACA Educator/ Librarian Meet Ups
Time: Jan 11, 2023 08:00 PM Auckland, Wellington
Every week on Wed, 3 occurrence(s)
Jan 11, 2023 08:00 PM
Jan 18, 2023 08:00 PM
Jan 25, 2023 08:00 PM
Meeting ID: 867 8107 2095
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Challenge 1: Developing a Creative Attitude of Gratitude
- The Gratitude 100 Scavenger Hunt
- Last year was a challenging year. This challenge however is one that can make you stronger and healthier both mentally and physically.
- What we are looking for
- Your best effort but we aren't concerned with perfection.
- You are winning if you take just one photograph in a day. Building a creative habit is the most important part.
- Sure 100 is the goal but you do what works during your holiday. The more you take the more you will have to work with when the program kicks in and you are starting to find
- We are more interested in your willingness to experiment and try out new things.
- Celebration of mistakes and fails...you learn more from the flops than the wins. You can show the first shot and then what you learned from it in terms of the final shot if you like.
- Get messy, be playful, get outside amongst it, and celebrate the small and often overlooked.
- Grit - that you show you are strong enough to finish what you start.
- Talent is secondary to grit in terms of long-term success according to the research so show us your grit
Click Here to get the full instructions on how to do the first challenge
Giving Compassionate feedback:
- We are going to ease into giving feedback as it is an artform in and of itself.
- House rules.
- Swearing and sarcasm have zero place in the ACA walls.
- Compassion is key. Compassion is comprised of Kindness - Mindful Curiosity - and the knowledge that we share a common humanity.
- Kindness - If you are giving feedback reread it and put yourself in their shoes and make sure that it is supportive and "barb" -"snarkieness" free.
- Mindful Curiosity - Stay present with the image that has been presented to you. Really explore it. Really see the details and see if you can feel the emotion that the creator was feeling when they shot it. What emotions does it bring up for you?
- Common Humanity - Somewhere in the world is someone feeling very similar feelings that you are feeling right now. The person who you are critiquing is connected to you through this whanau and has a rich tapestry of emotions which we will respect. They are a cherished brother or sister and in our whanau we treat everyone with complete respect.
- We use a design theory framework of giving feedback.
- I like.
- I wish.
- I wonder.
- We will explore these three aspects over the next week, starting with "I like".
- So for every image that you post you will need to comment on at least two, ideally three other images and share what you like about that particular image.
ACA Awards Educator Portal
Updated on 2023-01-16T17:42:23+12:00, by .