Thank you so much for agreeing to talk with the students.
The back up zooms will be available to students who are part of our program.
At least 4 days before the workshop:
Please send me 10 of your favourite images, a head shot and a brief bio at email@example.com .
What to expect on the day
6pm = Welcome
6:05 you can present whatever you like or we can ask you questions. (please bring images to share and tell us stories about the subects or about the technical aspects of how you got the shot.)
6:45 You give the students a photographic challenge to pull off in 15 minutes.
7:00 You give them feedback on their work.
We wrap up when all of the feedback has been given but no later than 8pm.
The students range in age from 12-19. There are usually about 12 or so students in the workshop. Some more active than others. Most are beginners but some have won awards for their work as well.
On the day someone will interview you. It could be Mandi or it could be one of the students or it could be both.
Here is a list of questions we are likely to start with and will evolve as you answer them:
- Can you share the story of how you first discovered your passion for photography and what led you to become a Grand Master Photographer?
- What are the key principles or techniques that have contributed most to your success as a photographer?
- How would you describe your signature style or approach to photography, and what inspired you to develop it?
- Can you share some memorable moments or challenges you've faced while pursuing your photography career?
- What advice would you give to aspiring photographers who want to reach the level of mastery you have achieved?
- How do you approach the creative process when conceptualizing and planning a photo shoot?
- Can you discuss a specific project or photograph that holds significant meaning to you and explain the story behind it?
- What are some common misconceptions or myths about photography that you've encountered throughout your career?
- How do you stay motivated and inspired to constantly push the boundaries of your work and evolve as a photographer?
- What role does post-processing and editing play in your photography workflow, and how do you strike a balance between preserving the authenticity of the image and enhancing its impact?
- Are there any specific photographers or artists who have influenced your work or inspired you in your creative journey?
- How do you approach the technical aspects of photography, such as composition, lighting, and camera settings, to achieve your desired results?
- Can you share any tips or tricks for capturing compelling images in challenging conditions or environments?
- How do you navigate the business side of photography, including client interactions, marketing, and building a sustainable career?
- Looking back at your body of work, what are you most proud of, and what legacy do you hope to leave as a Grand Master Photographer?
Grand Master Info Page
Updated on 2023-07-24T23:00:08+12:00, by .