Help create a national youth photographic exhibition this school holidays.
A Visual Poetry Jam
Bring your most gifted young visual storytellers
Work with schools from around the region to help create a monochromatic exhibition of photography of our young visual storytellers.
Students who attend are able to attend a year-long online innovation and visual storytelling mentorship program for free
Quick Outline of Click Happy School Holiday Masterclass:
Your Instructor is a past winner of New Zealand's Creative Photographer of the Year
Who is the workshop for?
- Students aged 10+
- Creative artsy kids
- Youth with an interest in photography or visual storytelling or filmmaking
- Youth under 16 need to attend with a parent
What do students bring with them?
- Cellphone, Tablet, or camera
- "A Treasure" something that is really important to you that you will photograph against multiple different coloured backdrop
What does it cost?
It is free thanks to funding from the Local COGS and/ or Creative Communities Committee.
How many students can I bring?
You can bring 5 students and 1-2 staff or parent helpers unless we have spoken to you and given you an option for more.
What happens on the day?
- Cellphonography and composition - How to unlock cool features on your device
- Monochromatic photography to develop your colour theory and composition skills (this is the exhibition work)
- Post Production Master Class using Lightroom
You learn how to:
- Change exposure on your camera - helps to keep people from being silhouetted against the sun when you don't want that.
- Photograph moving objects effectively
- Blur the background in portraits
- Composition techniques to improve people's response to your work.
- Edit your work for the "wow" factor.
All photography on this site has been taken by Click Happy Students in the online master class. Many of the students didn't know how to photograph before they started.
Click Happy Students have taken out the top Young Photographer prizes in New Zealand
New Zealand Geographic Young Photographer of the Year
How do I register?
Schools register here
Students & Homeschoolers register here
To be signed by a parent or guardian over the age of 16.
By signing this form you agree to the above and to our terms and conditions found on this page: https://clickhappy.org/click-happy-challenge-terms-and-conditions/
As this is a photography course we will be taking photographs of each other and sharing them. Some of the images might be used to promote the work of the students in the course. Therefore we need permission to photograph your child in order to participate. By signing this form you will be giving us permission to photograph and use the images to promote the work of the youth and Click Happy as a program.
Our wonderfully amazing brilliant funders & sponsors
And Youth Librarians! We had no idea how amazing these community treasures are until recently! Thank you to all of the Youth Librarians who have seen the beauty in the project and have invited us to bring it to their region and who are helping to spread the word. You have halved our work and quintupled the number of youth who get to experience this program. What gifts!
Library Visual Poetry Jams 2022
Updated on 2022-06-26T18:57:13+12:00, by .