If you are struggling with Click Happy and want to learn manual settings here are two things to help get you back on track.
- Come to the Thursday Zoom Meetings and Ask questions.
- Come to the Thursday Zoom Meetings and get a Youth Intern Mentor.
- a. Youth Intern mentors are kids like you who struggled with learning manual settings but eventually got the hang of it. They can walk alongside you and help you to avoid the pitfalls that they faced and help you to learn the settings.
- b. You will need to have completed the parental consent form with the ID’s to be assigned an intern.
Once you learn manual settings, it is like learning to ride a bike or swim… you will not forget. But the learning part can be a bit challenging until you get the hang of it.
So come to the zoom meetings and ask away.
If you are shy but would like a youth mentor to help we will ask for you to add your details in the chat and one of the mentors will contact you and help you over the hurdle.
Thursday Zoom meeting.
When: May 21, 2020 05:00 PM Auckland, Wellington
Register in advance for this meeting:
There is no race to finish here…
You can take as long as you want to work through the “Manual Settings” Photography Challenge Course
All you need to do is learn manual settings and make up a portfolio. You can do the course in two weeks or two months. Doesn’t matter.
It took me a year with no help to figure out manual settings. You will be much more clever than me I’m sure of it. And if it does take you a year…well then it takes you a year.
But keep trying because it is so worth it, in the end, to be able to take photos that your friends go “WOW you took that?”.
Your chances of consistently taking good photos go up exponentially by learning manual settings.
Each term, I start a new group of young artists into https://clickhappy.org/plus/ which is the 10-week advanced course in photography and wellness.
So if there is a deadline it is one week before a click Happy term if you want advanced mentorship with me.
You need to have a solid understanding of Manual settings and have completed at least 5 of the challenges to be eligible to continue.
If you nail that then boom. You are in.
Click Happy Plus Intakes
- Term 2: Start Monday 25 May to 31 July 2020
- Term 3: Start Monday 20 July to Friday 25 September 2020
- Term 4: Start Monday 12 October to Friday 18 December 2020
Struggling with Click Happy?
Updated on 2020-05-20T14:48:13+12:00, by .