Help create a national youth photographic exhibition this school holidays.
A Visual Poetry Jam
Up Your Photography skill by being trained by a master photographer
Bring a camera, cellphone, or tablet to photograph on. (We have a few extras to borrow for the workshop if you don't have one)
Students who attend are able to attend a year-long online innovation and visual storytelling mentorship program for free
Quick Outline of Click Happy School Holiday Masterclass:
Your Instructor is a past winner of New Zealand's Creative Photographer of the Year
Who is the workshop for?
- Students aged 10+
- Creative artsy kids
- Youth with an interest in photography or visual storytelling or filmmaking
- Youth under 13 need to attend with a parent
What do I bring with me?
- Cellphone, Tablet, or camera
- "A Treasure" something that is really important to you that you will photograph against multiple different coloured backdrop
When and Where are these Happening?
Spring School Holidays
Tauranga 4 OCTOBER - Fully Booked
Taupo 5 OCT
Ohakune 6 OCT
Central Hawkesbay - 11OCT
Lower Hutt -Memorial Library 13 OCT
Upper Hutt Library 14 OCT
What does it cost?
Nothing. The workshop is free to attend.
And if you attend the online masterclass is free to attend thanks to regional Creative Communities funding.
What happens on the day?
- Monochromatic photography to develop your colour theory and composition skills (this is the exhibition work)
- People and Pets - Aperture and Shutter Speed featuring Gritty our co-teacher who is an Irishdoodle dog.
- Post Production Master Class using Lightroom
You learn how to:
- Change exposure on your camera - helps to keep people from being silhouetted against the sun when you don't want that.
- Photograph moving objects effectively
- Blur the background in portraits
- Composition techniques to improve people's response to your work.
- Edit your work for the "wow" factor.
Click Happy Students have taken out the top Young Photographer prizes in New Zealand
New Zealand Geographic Young Photographer of the Year - Mattheus Elwood
De Ruiters Young Photographer of the Year Prize - Ava Thomas
Grit and Success
Ava and Mattheus are breathing rarified air but it is the day to day slog of shooting, giving and getting feedback that makes a difference. It is a failing forward methodology that leads to our successes here.
We take a lot of crap photos to get to our winning portfolios.
By joining the Click Happy program you increase your opportunity for in real-time feedback and growth.
All photography on this site has been taken by Click Happy Students in the online master class. Many of the students didn't know how to photograph before they started.
Get on the waiting list for the spaces in your region. We will contact you when we have confirmed the days, times, and venues.
How do I register?
There are only 30 spaces open for each workshop.
To be signed by a parent or guardian over the age of 16.
By signing this form you agree to the above and to our terms and conditions found on this page: https://clickhappy.org/click-happy-challenge-terms-and-conditions/
As this is a photography course we will be taking photographs of each other and sharing them. Some of the images might be used to promote the work of the students in the course. Therefore we need permission to photograph your child in order to participate. By signing this form you will be giving us permission to photograph and use the images to promote the work of the youth and Click Happy as a program.
Our wonderfully amazing brilliant funders & sponsors
And Youth Librarians! We had no idea how amazing these community treasures are until recently! Thank you to all of the Youth Librarians who have seen the beauty in the project and have invited us to bring it to their region and who are helping to spread the word. You have halved our work and quintupled the number of youth who get to experience this program. What gifts!
School Holiday Visual Poetry Jams 2022
Updated on 2022-10-09T18:42:36+13:00, by .