Welcome to Click Happy!
We are so glad you are here.
Over the next 10 days starting on Sunday you are going to be introduced to the Manual Settings on your camera which will help you to really leapfrog your photography game. And you will be given 5 photographic challenges to help stretch your skills.
We will be emailing you a link to the Zoom online meetup. We start the program on Sunday, but for now see if you can reserve Sunday at 4pm New Zealand Time for the Zoom.
Before we start I am going to have you do a couple of things plus an optional bonus step:
- Get started on your portfolio
- Get your parents permission slip filled in. Click here for the parent permission page: https://clickhappy.org/parent/
Bonus for the keen beans
- Go online and see if you can find a video that explains how to change the manual settings on your particular camera.
- specifically ISO - film/sensor sensitivity to light
- Shutter Speed (1/# eg. 1/800)
- Aperature (fstop eg f5.6 or f22)
- How to change where the focus point is on your camera so that you can decide
- Download The Photography Toolbox for reference - Photography Toolbox PDF
- Get started on the Course here : https://clickhappy.org/course-material/
- I would like you to decorate and start your photography portfolio.
- This will take you about 10-30 minutes depending on how much you want to decorate it.
- You need to add a photo of yourself, your first and last name, and the flag of the countries you identify with as being part of your identity.
- Then show us what sort of camera or phone you will be using
- And then if you like you can put three of your favourite images that you have taken so far.
- Here is the link and the draft portfolio that you can copy. But first watch the video below.
- You can't edit the master. You must first save a copy it to your own folder and then rename it. Save it to your own folder and keep working on it.
What is the portfolio for? Several things...
- Personal pride...it shows you your progress and your grit.
- Once you have completed at least 5 challenges you can put it forward to see if you might make Click Happy Plus... (for further photography tuition and learn about some other great lifeskills.)
- You can use your Portfolio to show your teachers and family what you are doing.
Your parents will need to go to this page and read about the program and fill in a permission slip for you to participate.
Once this is submitted you can go on to the forum and chat with other young photographers and ask me video questions on the Flipgrid.
You will get passwords to those two things once your parents have given you permission to be participating in the group activities.
Updated on 2020-05-17T13:29:02+12:00, by .